Saturday, July 3, 2010

A few additional items from Hays, Kansas


Friday night before dark at the Wild West Festival Sandy and I took at walk into Frontier Park.  While we were acting like middle schoolers on the swings a Frisbee landed at my feet.  I got off the swing to return the errant Frisbee and the poor guy walking toward me was beside himself and pleaded with me to please not move the disc.  I placed it back exactly where I picked it up.

Well it turns out they were playing Frisbee Golf and Hays, KS has one of the top 10 Frisbee Golf courses in the United States. If you look at the photo in the area just in back of Sandy's shoulders, you can see the Frisbee basket into which players attempt to throw their Frisbee in the least number of tosses.
On the 14th hole Jake Shearer (L) Stephanie Komarek and Seth Bogart take aim at the basket.
All three young adults are from Hays.  They think Sandy and I have a pretty cool  lifestyle.

Back at Wild West Festival this inconsiderate young lady got right in the way as I attempted to take a photo of the stage.  I decided to include the photo just to show you that when I am on assignment, I am all business.
Each evening before the featured group took the stage, these young ladies would dazzle the crowd with an impressive display of their cheer leading skills.
Finally, a carnival ride that is not for the faint of heart. This is about a 50 foot drop that takes about two seconds.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I learned something new today...I had never heard of Frisbie Golf before! Sounds like fun!!

    Now George isn't it interesting that the girl that got in the way was so young and pretty???? You really have EYE for photography!!! LOL

    You guys have fun and stay safe!!
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete